300g fresh soy tempeh
2 tbsp butter (or vegan substitute)
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp minced shallots
1 tbsp grated ginger
1 pc Thai chili pepper (optional)
1 medium onion
1 sliced bell pepper
Black pepper to taste
1/2c soy sauce
1/4c dark brown sugar
with Traditional Teriyaki Sauce
- Prepare teriyaki sauce by bringing sauce ingredients to a boil and reduce to simmer until slightly thicker, about 20 minutes.
- Slice tempeh, onions and bell peppers into bite size pieces.
- Melt butter and add garlic, shallots ginger and chili pepper for 2 minutes.
- Add onion and bell pepper and sweat until soft.
- Add tempeh and stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the teriyaki sauce and cook until tempeh has absorbed the teriyaki sauce and the sauce has slightly thickened.
- Serve on top of rice.