with Salted Almonds & Microgreens
- 1 200g package of tempeh
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cups veggie broth
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 4 shallots chopped finely
- 1 cup arborio rice
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup salted or roasted almonds- chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Chop up the tempeh so you have thin strips, about 4 cm long and 1 cm wide.
- Fry the tempeh until it’s browned and crispy, toss in the thyme and cook for another minute. Remove and set aside.
- Put the pan pack on the stove, with a touch more oil if needed and add the shallots for 2-5 minutes until soft. Add the rice and then add ½ cup of the white wine and stir with the rice until it’s evaporated. The pan should be hot enough so that the wine and rice is bubbling but not boiling.
- Once the wine is absorbed, add the veggie stock one cup at a time while stirring. Wait until the first cup is absorbed before adding the next. After 4 cups add the rest of the wine and let it absorb.
- The rice should be thick and creamy but not mushy- you might have a cup of stock left over.
- Stir in the almonds and tempeh and cook for 1-2 minutes before serving fresh, topped with fresh thyme and greens. The tempeh should be soft but firm like cooked mushrooms.