with Dijon Cabbage Salad
1 200g package of tempeh
1 tbsp paprika
½ tbsp cardamom
¼ tsp chili pepper (or more for more kick)
Cabbage Salad Ingredients
1 red or green cabbage sliced finely (or ½ of each)
1 red onion sliced thinly
1 carrot sliced thinly or shredded
½ cup of chives chopped (optional)
½ cup chopped parsley or arugula
Dijon Dressing Ingredients
½ cup vegan mayonnaise
1 tbsp dijon mustard
½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp maple syrup or agave
1 garlic clove minced
Dash of salt
1 package of dosa mix (Pancake or waffle mix can be used as substitute. Omit any sugar to keep recipe savory)
Hummus (to spread on each dosa)
6 tbsp coconut oil
4 slices of lemon
- Heat 2 tbsp of coconut oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Chop the tempeh finely and add to the pan with a dash of salt.
- When the tempeh starts to brown, add the paprika, cardamom, and chili pepper. Set aside once tempeh has a slight crunch.
- Mix the Dosa recipe according to the package (try almond milk and vegan butter instead of milk and yogurt to make vegan). The mixture should be like pancake mixture.
- Heat a generous amount of coconut oil on a pan on medium heat and pour the dosa mixture in to 5” thin cakes. Flip once brown, similar to a pancake.
- Toss all the coleslaw ingredients together and whisk the dressing together in a separate bowl before combining the two mixtures.
- When the dosa is ready, spread hummus on top, top with coleslaw and add tempeh.
- Fold the dosa in half and serve with fresh lemon.