Sweet Sesame Tempeh Bites
1 200g package of tempeh
3 tbsp coconut oil
½ cup maple syrup
1 cup roasted sesame seeds
Dash of Salt
- Melt the coconut oil on a pan, slightly over medium heat.
- Slice the tempeh in to cubes, approximately ½ inch cubed.
- Fry the tempeh until all sides are deep brown.
- Remove the tempeh and pat them dry with paper towel.
- Salt tempeh cubes lightly.
- Toss the tempeh with maple syrup so that it is covered but not dripping.
- Put half the sesame seeds in to a dish and toss the maple-covered tempeh on top. Sprinkle the remaining sesame seeds on top until most of the tempeh is covered.
- Place in oven at 350℉ for 5-7 minutes.
- Eat right away on its own or add to salads with miso dressing, appetizer platters, or serve on vanilla ice cream!