with Citrus Beer Marinade
1 200g package of tempeh
1 can of lager beer
Juice of 2 medium-sized oranges
2 tbsp salt
1 tbsp chilli pepper flakes
Juice of ½ lemon
1 tbsp olive oil
½ cup fresh pomegranate seeds
¼ cup fresh mint chopped
⅛ cup pine nuts
½ an orange sliced
- Mix all the marinade ingredients in a casserole dish.
- Slice the tempeh lengthwise like bacon strips and soak the tempeh in the sauce for 2-4 hours in the fridge.
- Remove the tempeh from the sauce (put the sauce aside).
- Lay the tempeh on an oiled pan and put in the oven at 400 bake until the top sides are browned (10-20 mins) and flip for another 5-10 mins.
- Drizzle the remainder of the sauce on top and serve with pomegranate, fresh mint, pine nuts, and sliced orange.