Mediterranean Tempeh Burgers
with Sweet Mint Mayo
3 tbsp Veganaise
½ cup Chopped fresh mint
1 tsp Lemon juice
1 tsp Maple syrup
1 tsp Salt
1 pack of tempeh
½ cup chopped parsley
2 tsp salt
½ Red onion chopped
2 tbsp Pumpkin seeds (or sunflower seeds or pistachio nuts)
¼ cup Olive oil
2 medium Steamed or boiled russet potatoes
2 Cloves of garlic chopped
Juice of 1 lemon
2 Vegan egg replacer (or ¼ cup ground flax or chia seeds)
½ cup Flour (GF if available)
Dash of pepper
4 Ciabatta buns (or gf buns)
2 Roasted red pepper slices
½ Red onion sliced
- If you’re roasting the red pepper, turn the oven on to 425, cut and seed the pepper and drizzle with oil. Broil in the oven for approx 25 mins or until they’re soft and browned.
- Take the tempeh and cube it before steaming it for 10 mins. (If you need to cook the potato do it in the water for the tempeh)
- Put the rest of the burger pattie ingredients in a bowl with the tempeh and when everything is cool, mash with your hands.
- The ingredients should be sticky but firm enough to make into balls (add more flour if it’s too sticky)
- Heat up some olive oil on medium heat on a pan and fry the patties until browned on both sides.
- Mix all the ingredients for the sweet mayo and spread on the buns
- Top the buns with the cooked patties, spinach, red onion slices, sliced red pepper, and fresh mint.