3 tbsp Sesame seed oil
½ cup Soy sauce (gluten free if available)
2 tbsp Cornstarch
3 cloves of Garlic, chopped
Juice of 1 Mandarin orange
3 tbsp Agave nectar or maple syrup
1 tsp Fresh ginger, minced
1-3 tsp Hot sauce (optional)
1-3 tsp Red pepper flakes
2 cups brown rice
300g Tempeh, cubed
1 tbsp Coconut oil
1 head of Broccoli cut into small florets
2 Green onions, chopped
1 tbsp Sesame seeds
1/3 cup Cashew nuts, chopped
'Beef' & Broccoli Bowl
Sweet & savoury stir-fry
1. Mix all the dressing ingredients and set aside.
2. Boil 2.5 cups water* for the rice. (*Depending on the type of rice)
3. Heat up the oil on a pan on medium heat and fry the tempeh until browned and crispy.
4. Add the broccoli and fry for approximately 5 minutes until soft but still firm.
5. Toss in the dressing and stir over the heat until all the cornstarch is dissolved and the sauce is evenly mixed.
6. Serve on rice with fresh chopped green onions, sesame seeds, and cashews.