Work with us!
Our operations are expanding and we need your help in producing and selling our hand-made tempeh at farmers markets!
We are looking for an OPERATIONS ASSISTANT whose main responsibilities are:
- Assist in kitchen operations to produce our fresh tempeh, which may involve:
- Processing soy beans for fermentation
- Weighing and packaging tempeh
- Dish-washing and clean-up
- Set-up and take down market booth at various farmers markets within Metro Vancouver
- Interact with customers and answer questions about tempeh and the fermentation process
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be eager to learn and work pro-actively
- Share our passion for food and support for the local food industry
- Be able to follow instructions and have attention to detail
- Be physically fit and hard-working
- Have a pleasing personality and be comfortable in social settings
- Have sales experience and good communication skills
This is a part-time, temporary position: 20-28 hours per week, and it may vary depending on volume of orders. Kitchen shifts are at most 7 hours, while market shifts are 5 hours (including set-up). Flexibility on schedule is required, especially during weekends, but we will not require you to work nights :-)
A typical week will involve at least 2 kitchen shifts and 1-2 market shifts.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Able to lift up to 50lbs and stand for extended periods of time
- Have a means of transportation to the kitchen (near Northshore Auto Mall)
- Food Safe Level 1 certification and valid driver’s license are assets
All levels of experience are welcome.
Why work with us?
We're a bunch of food nerds :-)
We are a young but fast-growing company who has a special love for food. We offer a fun and supportive working environment, where you can learn lots about food science and gain insight on running a small business. We started selling at farmers markets in the summer of 2016 but we’re now expanding all over the city to serve various specialty stores, restaurants, and caterers. We work hard and long hours only to bring the best quality tempeh to Vancouver, which we pride ourselves in. We're passionate about continuously improving and staying on top of our game: we love developing new types of tempeh, derivatives, and recipes. We have lots of exciting things lined up for Tempea, and we'd love to share that success with the perfect candidate.
Some other sweet perks:
- TEMPEH ALL DAY, ERRDAY
- We take turns playing music and picking podcasts during production :-)
- You'll get to enjoy the outdoors at the market (and pet all the dogs --- but wash your hands after!)
- Get vendor discounts on the freshest produce and unique food products
- Meet all the cool farmers, producers, and food entrepreneurs
Is that a yes?
Send us a brief introduction and a copy of your resume to email@example.com. The successful candidate is expected to start immediately, training will be provided.