Work with us!
Our operations are expanding and we need your help in producing and selling our hand-made tempeh at farmers markets!
We are looking for an PRODUCTION ASSISTANT whose main responsibilities are:
- Assist in kitchen operations to produce our fresh tempeh, which may involve:
- Processing soy beans for fermentation
- Weighing and packaging tempeh
- Labeling and preparing boxes
- Cleaning tables and work surfaces
- Sweeping and mopping floors
- Removing garbage from containers
- Assisting other members in production duties as needed
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be eager to learn and work pro-actively
- Share our passion for food and support for the local food industry
- Be able to follow instructions and have attention to detail
- Work in a neat and orderly manner
- Lifting heavy loads
- Standing for extended periods
This is a part-time position: 18-26 hours per week, and it may vary depending on volume of orders. Kitchen shifts are 5-7 hours. Flexibility on schedule is required, especially during weekends and evenings :-) A typical week will involve at least 3 kitchen shifts.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Able to lift up to 50lbs and stand for extended periods of time
- Have a means of transportation to the kitchen (near Northshore Auto Mall)
- Food Safe Level 1 certification and valid driver’s license are assets
All levels of experience are welcome.
Why work with us?
We're a bunch of food nerds :-)
We are a young but fast-growing company who has a special love for food. We offer a fun and supportive working environment, where you can learn lots about food science and gain insight on running a small business. We started selling at farmers markets in the summer of 2016 but we’re now expanding all over the city to serve various specialty stores, restaurants, and caterers. We work hard and long hours only to bring the best quality tempeh to Vancouver, which we pride ourselves in. We're passionate about continuously improving and staying on top of our game: we love developing new types of tempeh, derivatives, and recipes. We have lots of exciting things lined up for Tempea, and we'd love to share that success with the perfect candidate.
Is that a yes?
Send us a brief introduction and a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The successful candidate is expected to start immediately, training will be provided.